IST’s 8(a) Certification Workshop is designed for clients who want to prepare, assemble and complete their entire 8(a) BD application with our assistance.
The following service features are included in IST’s 8(a) Certification Workshop:
- Find out why being 8(a) certified can give you a tangible competitive edge over even the “big guys”.
- Dispel the myths about the program that have been created by persons, even some within the SBA, to keep you from applying, despite your qualifications and right to be certified.
- Find out whether or not you are really qualified to be 8(a) certified, once and for all.
- Identify the specific items about you and your company that the SBA will likely challenge when you submit your application, unless you address these in your original submission.
- A review of your 8(a) Application to determine its’ completion level during the workshop.
- A Free “SAMPLE” Business Plan Template (SBA 1010c) for use after you receive 8(a) certification.
- Access to our 8(a) Application Library of Forms and Templates to assist you in completing your 8(a) application the right way.
- IST will review every enclosure document that is included on the SBA’s checklist of documents required to accompany your application and equally important, will tell you which documents you must provide, even though they are MISSING from the SBA’s checklist.
- IST will assist you with evaluating the acceptability of the specific data items that are contained within each enclosure document (e.g., company and personal Federal tax returns) that the SBA will seek to extract from these documents.
- IST will review your company’s financial statements and show you how they may have to be changed to be acceptable to the SBA.
- IST will show you how to prepare your own personal financial statements, tell you where the “SBA traps” are within these statements, and coach you personally how to avoid or overcome any personal financial issues that will get your application challenged.
- IST will show you what a successful “economic disadvantage narrative” must consist of and provide you with a template to assist you in the preparation of this document required of ALL applicants, as well as coach you how to prepare your own narrative.
- For those individuals who are not members of what are called “designated groups” Black Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Pacific Americans, Sub-Continent Asian Americans and Native Americans, e.g. Caucasian Women, and Service Disabled Veterans, IST will show you what a successful “social disadvantage narrative” must consist of and will provide you with both a template to assist you in the preparation of this document required of you, as well as coach you how to prepare your own narrative.
- For those applicants who have not been in business for at least two full years, with revenues in each of these two years, as evidenced by Federal tax filings, and who meet each of five qualification criteria, IST will show you what a successful “Request for a Two-Year Waiver” must consist of and will provide you with both a template to assist you in the preparation of this document.
- Workshop will be conducted in a classroom setting. Laptops are requested but not required.
- You will be required to bring all the required data to complete the application.
- IST will make available daily, printers and paper to print your needed data for completion of your application.